Your school’s handbook, policies, sponsor pages, or calendar may be printed in color or black and white and bound into the front of each planner in any page count you require (1 sheet printed one side = 1 page).
Proofs are not supplied for handbooks and artwork submitted in PDF format. The customer is responsible for handbook content and margin set up.
Handbook Submission Instructions
Including your school handbook is as easy as following these four steps…
* The following steps apply to all Microsoft Word documents.
STEP 1: SELECT YOUR PAGE SIZE
(before adding content to your document)
Format your page size. High school planner = 6″ x 9″; three other planner levels = 8 ½” x 11″
- PC Users: Go to File/Page Setup/Paper
- Mac Users: Go to File/Page Setup/Settings: Custom Paper Size – (Click on box labeled “Use custom page size,” enter your page settings, and click OK).
STEP 2: SET YOUR MARGINS
(before adding content to your document)
High school planner = 1/2″ margins on all sides; three other planners = 1″ margins on all four sides
- PC Users: Go to File/Page Setup/Margins
- Mac Users: Go to Format/Document: Margins
* Margin guidelines must be followed to ensure planners’ plastic coil binding and three-hole punches will not interfere with handbook text.
STEP 3: CREATE YOUR DOCUMENT
- FONTS: Select only from Arial, Arial Black, Bookman, Century, Century Gothic, Comic Sans MS, Courier, Garamond, Helvetica, Microsoft Sans Serif, Palatino, Tahoma, Times New Roman, and Verdana.
- BLACK & WHITE HANDBOOKS: Use BLACK TYPE only.
- PHOTOS & CLIP ART may be included but may not reproduce with original clarity.
- PAGE NUMBERS: MUST BE INCLUDED on every page for proper collation. Place at least ¼” from the bottom of each page.
- PAGE QUANTITY: Pages may be added individually (1 sheet printed 1 side = 1 page). Total number of pages includes the title page (if provided).
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR FINISHED HANDBOOK
Submit Electronically (E-mail or mailed disk): All electronic handbooks MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT ONLY.
Name your file before converting it to a PDF.
- PC Users: Go to File/Print and then select Adobe PDF from printer drop-down menu. Click OK.
- Mac Users: Go to File/Print/PDF/Save as PDF/Save
* Adobe Reader is required to create PDF documents. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ for your free download. Files prepared using an online converter ARE NOT RECOMMENDED AND MAY PRODUCE UNEXPECTED RESULTS.
* Improper formatting of your handbook may cause errors such as improper text wraps, unnecessary spacing, additional page breaks, and missing tables or graphics. We are not responsible for errors resulting from improper formatting.
* Color handbook pages must be submitted in a PDF document independent from black-and-white handbook pages.
Submit as Hard Copy (Mailed paper copy) – DOs and DON’Ts:
- DO use WHITE paper only.
- DO insert blank sheets of paper to indicate tear-out pages that should remain blank on one side.
- DON’T use double-sided copies.
- DON’T fold pages or use staples, tape, or glue on them.
- DON’T send faxed copies. They WILL NOT be accepted.
* Handbooks submitted as hard copy must be scanned by Alliance Publishing and Marketing, Inc. and, therefore, are subject to extra fees (see “Scanning” and “Reduction” fees below).
SCANNING, REDUCTION, AND TYPESETTING FEES
(apply to all hard copy handbooks):
SCANNING: The following fees apply:
|TOTAL HANDBOOK PAGE COUNT:||1-25||26-50||51-75||76|
REDUCTION: Handbooks requiring reduction to proper page size will incur an additional fee of $5 per page. If corrections are needed to handbooks we reduced in previous years, reduction fees will apply.
TYPESETTING: Handbooks requiring reformatting or typesetting of text will incur an additional fee of $20 per page. Pages requiring reformatting of graphics, charts, tables, or any material in a columnar layout will incur a fee of $30 each. If correction is needed to handbooks we typeset in previous years, typesetting fees will apply.
If you have any questions or concerns about the preparation and submission of your handbook, feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-800-593-8312. Our representatives will be happy to assist you!